Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Homemade Trellis

If you know me at all, you know I'm probably a bit too obsessed with my plants.  You may have even been the recipient of my text message pictures of my awesome basil plant :)  I feel like the crazy plant lady and what makes it worse is I really have no idea how to grow anything.  This year I decided to try cucumbers.  Never done it before, but I did a little research and learned they like to grow on a trellis, apparently it keeps the cucumbers from rotting and it's a vine plant.  So I got creative and made my own!  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the process... but I have pictures of the results!  I found some branches of various sizes in the woods behind our house and with a little hot glue and twine, a trellis was made!

Not too shabby right? Here's what I have a few weeks later...
 
A teeny itty bitty cucumber!  These little guys are so cute!  

And I really love all the spirals on this plant too!

And they even like my trellis :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment