Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Healthy Crab Cakes

As many of you know, I'm currently in grad school.  My posts are closely related to my school schedule... I started the blog when I had some time off, I don't post as often when I get busy, and now I'm done with summer classes (WAHOO!)  So, you get two posts in one day!   I take pictures as I make my projects/recipes and then blog about it much later when I have time.  Unfortunately, I think I've waited too long to post my crab cakes because I have no idea what exactly I put in them :(  But, I do have pictures, so I think I can come up with what I put in them.  I do remember that I got this recipe from a health magazine of some sort and these crab cakes are supposed to be much better for you than the standard ones.  I'm not sure if I've ever eaten crab cakes before ("gasp") but these ones were GREAT! 

What you need (in estimates):
1 lb crab meat
2 T mayo
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 c chopped green onions
Salt and pepper
2 egg whites
bread crumbs (until mixture is firm)

What to do:
Mix it all up in a bowl! (Easy, right?!)


Then heat some oil in a skillet and make crab patties from 1/3 c of the mixture

Cook for 6 minutes (I think it was) on each side.  Mine got a little dark, but they still tasted great!  






 Let me know if you make this and figure out something I didn't mention.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment