Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Painted Glass... (insert item name here)

These were super easy and cheap to make! 

All you need are some glass bottles/jars/candle holders, whatever you'd like.  I had an empty wine bottle and I went to the dollar store to get a couple of candle holders.  I also bought some rubber bands (for some reason I didn't have any?) and some spray paint.  I've seen this project done with "frost" spray paint- which might look kind of nice.  However, I couldn't find that variety, so I ended up getting a satin metallic paint in "nickel."  I like the way mine turned out, you could do whatever colors you'd like :) 

1.  Start putting rubber bands around your glass however you'd like.

2. Then paint!  I'm not so great with spray paint... I get drip marks and probably don't apply it so evenly- but hey, we can't all be great at everything, right? (I'm only kidding...)   I let the first coat dry 5-10 minutes and then let the final coat dry for a couple hours.
After two coats of paint and dry!

3.  Then remove the rubber bands and you'll be set!

A candle in these guys looks really nice (you can't tell that well from the pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment