Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kale Banana Smoothie

My last post was Kale Chips... one way to get some kale into your diet.  This post is MUCH BETTER!  I was looking for better ways to use up the rest of the kale I bought and I kept seeing a lot of recipes for smoothies.  I found that apple juice was used commonly in the smoothies, but I never buy apple juice and it has tons of sugar in it (I'll save my high sugar doses for kale-free menu items).  I also saw a few recipes with bad reviews (the author of the recipe actually suggested chugging the smoothie and then drinking a glass of water to get the taste out your mouth!)

I ran across this recipe from allrecipies.com and it is good!  Like I said yesterday, I don't lie to you!





What you need:
  • 2 cups chopped kale
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used vanilla rice milk)
  • 1 tsp maple syrup

What to do:
  • Throw it all in a blender and puree until smooth.  Serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment