Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pom Poms!

I started this blog with the intention that it would be a way to archive recipes, crafts, projects, etc.  I've since realized that I don't do crafts and projects hardly ever, but my sister does!  One day when I was taking shots of one of my recipes she was sitting at the table making a tissue paper pom pom as a present topper.  I started taking pics of her project as well.  So this post is compliments of Michelle Kemper (holla!). 

Shell got the idea from Martha Stewart.  If you want to pretend that the idea didn't come from "She-who-must-not-be-named", feel free :) 

First, you need to get some sheets of tissue paper... about 8. You can cut them down if needed.



 Yes, I know this picture is blurry.  I'm not a professional photographer, but Michelle is!  (A woman of many talents!) Check her out on her facebook page or her official photography website.  Okay, back to the project...

Stack 'em all up.  You can use the same color tissue paper or alternate colors.  Shell used white and pink.
 
Oooh la la

Then make accordion folds like so
I know, not in focus again.  I was having issues this day!


Then tie off the middle with string or fishing line.  If you're going to hang these from the ceiling for a party, I would do the fishing line (Make sure to leave one end long).  They'll look like they're floating! If you're just attaching it to a gift, you don't need to keep the strings long.

Once your paper is folded and tied in the middle, trim the ends to make it a "flower" shape.  You can experiment and see what you like, just make sure to round them off somehow.
Hooray! It's in focus!
 Start pulling to separate the paper.  Shape it as you go.
Here it is!  This would be a cute way to jazz up a party table or add some festive decorations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment