Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spinach Pie

So I thought I'd try something new for a couple reasons:  I don't use my sweet camera nearly enough and I also love to cook and make things.  I figured I could make a blog about projects and take pictures along the way.  Please forgive my lack of skill with blogging... this is my first attempt. 


First up on the menu: Spinach Pie
YUM YUM! 

I found my inspiration here at Food.com.
I changed the recipe around a little bit.  

Here's what I used:
3 pieces turkey bacon (healthier option) cooked and chopped
5 extra large eggs
1 1/2 c shredded cheese
3 c spinch
1 large flour tortilla
2 T milk
minced garlic
salt and pepper  


1. Mix together eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, salt and pepper

2. Lay the tortilla in a pie dish gently pressing it down
3. Sprinkle tortilla with 1/2 c of the cheese
4. Layer the spinach with the rest of the cheese.  Press down gently. 
5.  Pour the egg mixture over cheese and spinach being careful not to spill over the tortilla edge.  Bake at 365 degrees for 35-45 minutes until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean. 
ENJOY!  

Next up: Grilled Chicken Margherita Tostada Pizzas!

No comments:

Post a Comment